Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MapMyRide.com - General Road Cycling: Quick ride with Paul to Back Bay on 08/10/2010

MapMyRide.com - General Road Cycling: Quick ride with Paul to Back Bay on 08/10/2010

Today's ride was pretty interesting. We got a late start because my friend wanted to change the tires on his mountain bike to slicks so we met up at the shop to buy them and then I spent a few minutes putting them on for him when we got back to my apartment. I kinda miss working with my hands like that and fixing things. So basically, we made it out to Newport but it started getting really dark on the way back. I don't usually ride at night so I don't have lights or anything and it was hard to see; good thing we were on a bike path for most of the way. When we were almost back to my apartment, I saw two guys standing there, with one bike upside down, staring at a wheel they had taken off. Turns out one of them had flatted and they had no clue how to fix a flat tire. When I stopped, they were just standing there scratching their heads and the spare tube was just lying there on the ground. I fixed it for them and taught them how to change the inner tube while I was doing it. An interesting note is that my 17 year old QuikStik and my Blackburn mini-pump worked way better than the cheeseball tire irons and lame mini-pump they had with them. I kinda felt bad for them cuz they would've been stranded there on the bike trail at night; and seriously, dudes need to know how to fix basic stuff like that. That's my random act of kindness for the day... :)

No comments: